Happy Halloween! This month, I thought it would make something fresh, easy, and ready to be enjoyed at any fall party — the spookier the better. All this drink needs is a few muddled blackberries, some fresh lemon, easy-to-make stevia simple syrup, and some chilled tequila. Mix it all together and you’re ready to enjoy your haunted Halloween concoction. I used tequila for this low-carb poison berry smash cocktail recipe, but it would also taste great with vodka or gin as well.
Low-Carb Poison Berry Smash CoCKTAiL
Makes 1 serving
- 2 oz. tequila
- 5-6 blackberries
- 2 oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz. stevia simple syrup*
- lemon sparkling water
- handful of ice
- fresh thyme
- Add the blackberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle thoroughly. Spoon the blackberries into a rocks glass with ice.
- Add the tequila, lemon juice, stevia simple syrup, to the cocktail shaker and shake over ice.
- Pour into a rocks glass and top with lemon sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with a lemon peel and fresh thyme.
*HOW TO MAKE STEVIA SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of stevia and let it simmer at low heat until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool at room temperature before using, refrigerate the rest.
I hope you enjoy these festive fall flavors in my low-carb poison berry smash cocktail! Find more autumnal low-carb cocktails here. Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month! On Instagram? Say hi over on my page: @arianafrayer