I don’t know about you, but I love a holiday morning. Whether I am curled up on the couch watching the Thanksgiving Day parade, or getting ready to unwrap presents on Christmas morning, I love the festivities and special feeling of a holiday morning. Paired with cinnamon rolls, homemade pancakes, and a bowl of fruit, a homemade cocktail is a cherry on top of a festive celebration. Enjoy this tasty low-carb sugared cranberry mimosa holiday cocktail recipe to enjoy all season long.
Generally, mimosas are known to be packed with sugar and difficult to bolus for. Luckily, I found the perfect ingredients to not only keep your blood sugars happy but also wrap your tastebuds in holiday cheer this season. Whether you’re shopping at your local grocery store or a nearby Trader Joe’s, I included two different lower carb options for your cranberry juice ingredients.
Low Carb Sugared Cranberry Mimosa Holiday Cocktail
Makes 1 serving
- 5 oz. prosecco
- 2 oz. of low sugar or low calorie cranberry juice (I found Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice from Albertsons and low calorie cranberry juice cocktail from Trader Joes)
- 1 oz. fresh-squeezed orange juice
- fresh cranberries
- a sprig of rosemary
- Run a slice of orange around the rim of a coupe glass (or champagne flute). Add stevia to a plate and dip the rim of your glass into the stevia. Set aside.
- Dip rosemary in orange juice and set aside.
- Add cranberry juice and orange juice to a cocktail shaker and shake over ice.
- Add more stevia to your plate, coat rosemary in stevia until generously covered.
- Pour cranberry and orange juice mixture into your glass and add prosecco.
- Add fresh cranberries and garnish with sugared rosemary sprig.
I hope you enjoy the festive holiday flavors in my low-carb sugared cranberry mimosa holiday cocktail! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month! On Instagram? Say hi over on my page: @arianafrayer