I just moved in with Adam recently (wahoo!) and wanted to put together a simple, nutritious yet delicious meal for a week of lunches for us. I’m lazy by nature on Sundays, so it’s important that my meal preps are generally easy yet keep my attention as the week goes on. There’s nothing worse than meal prepping for the week, just to think about how much better Chipotle sounds on Thursday.
Voila! My colorful bowls were born. The easiest, most filling, nice to look at meals for the week ahead.
- White rice – we use the frozen microwavable kind from Trader Joe’s because it really makes the entire process so much easier
- Grilled Chicken / Pork – We made both since prepping for a man takes a lot of meat tbh
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Broccoli – big fan of broccoli even though everyone around me hates the smell when I cook it oh well
- Black beans
- Lemon (optional) – I used this to squeeze over everything before enjoying
- Your choice of sauce/dressing for the bowl – I used a green goddess dressing to add a little something something to each meal.
How to put it together:
- Microwave your rice
- Grill your meats with your choice of seasoning
- Cut up your cherry tomatoes and onions
- Boil or microwave your broccoli
- Drain black beans
- Cut the lemon into wedges
- Combine ingredients in container/Tupperware
Add your ingredients based on your own body, everyone is different with the amount of rice, veggies, meats, etc they will consume. I am not here to tell you how much to eat. Whatever you do add to your meals, be sure to calculate your carbohydrates wisely. The rice and beans are the two ingredients I take insulin for based on how much I put into each meal.
And you’re done! When you’re ready to eat. Remove your lemon and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Squeeze your lemon over your bowl, add some sauce or enjoy as is!
Happy Eating ~