There’s nothing better on a hot summer day, than a refreshing low carb cocktail with some fruit in it. I am also partial to any drink that looks restaurant-worthy but is actually very easy to make at home. I decided to create white sangria (over red) because for some reason I just can’t get past the idea that red wine would be weird in a cold drink consumed on a hot afternoon. But who knows, maybe I will give it a go someday.
It’s best to use a crisp wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc when crafting your white sangria. (Yes, sangria technically means “Bleeding Red”, and is meant for red wine, but I still stand by my sentiments above haha) This recipe can also work just as well with different types of fruit depending on what you have in your fridge. Oranges, nectarines, or blueberries would also work well in this drink, so feel free to experiment based on what you like!
This low carb white sangria is easy, customizable, and the perfect cocktail to impress some friends at any social distancing get-togethers you enjoy this summer. Plus, there’s no added sugar! So you can keep sipping without worrying about how much insulin to take.
Full Pitcher: Serves 4-6
- Large pitcher
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1 lime, cubed
- handful of blackberries
- 1 bottle (750-ml) of chilled white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup of brandy (I used Torres 10 Imperial Brandy)
- 2 tbsps of tripe sec
- sparkling water
- garnish with a sprig of mint
- Add cut up strawberries, peaches, and apples to a large pitcher. Pour in chilled wine, brandy, and triple sec.
- Stir to combine and let cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the sangria, pour half a glass of chilled sangria, scoop in some fruit, and top with seltzer water, limes, and blackberries.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint & enjoy!
I used Torres 10 Imperial Spanish Brandy, Josh Sauvignon Blanc, and Gionelli Triple Sec from Top Shelf Wine and Spirits. If you’re in Las Vegas or Southern California, grab your low carb cocktail ingredients at Top Shelf.
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!