This month’s low carb cocktail is perfect for celebrating the start of spring, not getting pinched on St. Patrick’s Day, and enjoying a refreshing homemade beverage while social distancing. I promise you — it’s more appetizing than green beer.
A vibrant twist on the classic vodka soda, my March #CupOfOjCocktail is a cucumber lime vodka soda. After making a batch of this, I honestly felt like I was sitting in a True Food Kitchen, sipping one of their healthy craft cocktails after a relaxing yoga class. It tastes like wellness with a side of danger. It’s basically a green juice with vodka, okay. It’s truly a work of art. If you hate overwhelming sweetness in cocktails, this one is for you.
This month, I created my cocktail with a bottle of Vegas Baby Vodka, a women-owned premium vodka here in town. Their vodka is made from non-GMO gluten-free corn and paired perfectly to create this month’s cocktail!
Cucumber Lime Vodka Soda
- 1/2 cup of Vegas Baby Premium Vodka
- 3-4 large seedless cucumbers to make 1 1/2 cup of cucumber juice
- 4 limes to make 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of Stevia simple syrup (see below for instructions on how to make)
- a few sprigs of mint
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- crushed ice
how to make stevia simple syrup
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of stevia and let it simmer at low heat until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool at room temperature before using, refrigerate the rest.
(If I am lazy I will just microwave a glass of water…. works just as well lol)
- To make the cucumber juice (if you don’t have a juicer), blend the peeled cucumbers with a tiny bit of water, then strain the mixture to separate the juice from the pulp.
- In a shaker, combine the cucumber juice, lime juice, vodka, and stevia simple syrup. Add ice and a few sprigs of mint and shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher to remove ice and mint leaves. Add a cup of sparkling seltzer water and mix.
- Serve over ice with a lime wedge and mint sprig on top. Enjoy!