Happy Cinco De Mayo! My favorite way to celebrate on May 5th every year is with a fresh, low carb margarita. Normally I make myself my signature cucumber jalapeno margarita — but this year I wanted to shake things up with a low carb cucumber watermelon margarita for the May #CupofOjCocktail.
Cucumber Watermelon Margarita
- 1.5 oz of Silver Tequila (I used Casamigos)
- 1 cup of seedless watermelon cubes
- the juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 of a peeled cucumber
- Optional: a splash of sparkling water
- Tajín for the rim
- Puree the watermelon cubes, lime juice, and cucumber in a blender until smooth.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and twist the glass onto a plate of Tajín to create the Tajín rim.
- Strain the mixture into each glass, add your tequila, and mix together.
- Optional: Add a splash of sparkling water on top for a little fizz.
- Garnish with a tiny watermelon slice & enjoy!
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!