Although the official start of fall is less than a week away, we are still enjoying refreshing summer cocktails because we CAN (and because it’s still 100 degrees out)! My favorite type of cocktail always contains tequila, so I thought — what better way to send off the summer than with a tasty Paloma! Not only is this month’s concoction completely on-brand (it’s basically a cup of Oj 😉 ) it’s full of flavor and still very low carb.
This month, I paired up with two of my favorite brands to bring you an extra special September #CupofOJCocktail. I added L∅s Sundays Blanco Tequila to a cold glass of OLIPOP’s brand new Orange Squeeze sparkling tonic, added some fresh citrus juices, and created a Low Carb Blood Orange Paloma!
For those of you who don’t know, OLIPOP is a fizzy tonic beverage that combines the benefits of prebiotics, plant fiber, and botanicals to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. Their Orange Squeeze flavor contains immune-boosting ingredients with only 12 grams of carbohydrates per can and tastes like a fresh cup of oj! 🍊
Blood Orange Paloma
- 1.5 oz L∅s Sundays Blanco Tequila
- 3 oz of OLIPOP’s Orange Squeeze Sparkling Tonic
- 1 oz of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 oz of fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 oz of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Tajín for rim
- Blood orange slice and optional edible flowers for garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and twist the glass onto a plate of chile-lime seasoning to create the Tajín rim.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila and fresh-squeezed juices.
- Pour over ice and top with OLIPOP Orange Squeeze Sparkling Tonic.
- Garnish with a blood orange slice and some edible flowers. Enjoy!
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!
This is a sponsored post by OLIPOP and L∅s Sundays Tequila. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.