As the weather gets cooler and we start bundling up, there’s one essential cocktail to take the festivities up a notch — a Low Carb Lemon Ginger Bourbon. There’s no better way to spend this socially distant holiday season than curled up by the turkey with an immune-boosting, tummy taming, throat soothing cocktail that warms you up. That’s right, this cocktail is basically magic, and it’s SO easy to make.
I added one of my favorite low carb ingredients to this month’s cocktail: OLIPOP Ginger Lemon Sparkling Tonic. It contains around 85% fewer carbohydrates than a regular soda and it’s packed with healthy ingredients that support digestive health. Find OLIPOP at your nearest Whole Foods or online at drinkolipop.com.
LEMON GINGER BOURBON
- 1.5 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of muddled ginger root
- OLIPOP Ginger Lemon Sparkling Tonic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Optional: 1/2 tsp of honey
- Mince and muddle ginger root and add to a cocktail shaker with ice. Add bourbon, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and a sprig of rosemary.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Top with OLIPOP Ginger Lemon Sparkling Tonic and garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of rosemary.
- Optional: Dip a honey stick in honey and add on top of your cocktail or add your honey to your cocktail shaker in step one.
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!