This year I decided to step my gift guide blog post up a notch and include some other options besides gifts for only Type 1 Diabetics. I included a guide with gifts under $50, a guide for the men in your life, and a guide to shop small and support small businesses this holiday season.
It was my goal to include affordable options for all households. If you are looking for a tv or a freakin $300 vacuum, I’m sure the big box stores are already emailing you with details on how to get your hands on them lol. After a year of living in a global pandemic, it was important for me to provide options for those who are spending a little less on the holidays this year (we definitely will be.) I hope you enjoy this guide and find it helpful for stocking up on gifts for your loved ones!
A lot of these items include Cup of Oj discount codes so look out for those in the item description! Happy shopping ◡̈
Type 1 Diabetic Gift guide
2. Fresh Take Zip Pouch – The perfect diabetes supply pouch from my Cup of Oj shop! They come in two sizes, multiple designs, and are so handy for packing for travel or just carrying around your meter, pen needles, or low snacks. Shop this zip pouch here.
3. Sugar Medical Insulated Case – This insulated case doubles as a cute going out bag and keeps your insulin cold the entire time. It has multiple pockets that can hold pens, meter, and supplies secure. Make sure to use code CUPOFOJ10 for 10% off your order! Shop it here.
4. Iron Flask 32 oz Tumbler – This is my current favorite tumbler that I drink all of my water out of 24/7. It also comes with four straws (two aluminum, two plastic, and two cleaning brushes). It keeps your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot and comes in a bunch of different colors and sizes. Take 10% off with code CUPOFOJ10! Grab your tumbler here.
5. Senita High Waisted Leggings with Device Pockets – Imagine a pair of leggings that hold your phone, your low snacks, or your supplies while running or working out? THESE HAVE THOSE. These leggings are also so comfortable and very flattering which are two things I love in a pair of leggings. Use code CUPOFOJ10 for $10 off your order! Shop Senita here.
6. Diabetic Food Journal – Remember back in the day when we had to write all of our blood sugars down in a logbook? Mila from The Hangry Woman wrote the fun version of that! It’s helpful to track how different foods affect our blood sugars and this book is perfect for learning more about our diabetic bodies. Buy it here.
7. Custom Beaded T1D Bracelet – These homemade custom beaded bracelets are the perfect T1D (or non T1D) accessory! These are the perfect little addition to a holiday gift bag and the personalized touch makes them even more special. Order yours here.
Under $50 Gift Guide
2. Flat Brim Felt Hat – This is the perfect affordable option to those expensive hats that everyone seems to have nowadays. This one is a fourth of the freakin price! Also, so cute! Anyways, shop it here.
7. Jack Black Lip Balm Full Size Gift Set – This is hands down my favorite lip balm. Vegas weather is DRY and my lips need all the hydration they can get. This gift set is so handy because who doesn’t need lip balm? (this is great for all genders!) Shop this gift set here.
Gifts for Him
2. Foam Practice Golf Balls – (Clearly I’m basing these gifts off of Adam) What better way to practice your golf swing while quarantined than with some foam golf balls! Currently 25% off & under $15! Shop them here.
8. Barbecue Cookbook -I feel like a BBQ cookbook is always a good idea. If they read it, it steps the future BBQ up a notch. If they don’t read it, it’s a nice gesture that says you care. It’s under $20! Shop it here.
9. Travel Duffle Bag with Hidden Shoe Compartment – Adam has this duffle and loves the hidden shoe compartment. It allows their dirty shoes out of the main compartment which is clever. Also, it’s a trendy lookin bag. Shop it here.
Shop Small Gift Guide
2. Local Oasis – This boutique in downtown Las Vegas sells fun goodies to make life brighter. Started by local artist, Abbie Renzema, Local Oasis sells handmade goods, local brands, craft kits, and more. Shop Local Oasis products online here.
3. Holistic Habitat – Curated home decor with an impact far beyond your home, Holistic Habitat offers socially conscious products are works of art. Their unique planters are my favorite! Shop online here.
5. Ellucy Stitches – Offering a plethora of explicit hand embroidery kits, this cute Etsy shop is the perfect stop to cross the spunky crafter off of your list. (Also, the owner is a T1D!) Shop all of her kits here!
6. Bunny Dee – If you’re a lover of cats, or honestly any kind of art, Bunny Dee’s shop is a MUST-SHOP for the holidays! She makes prints, stickers, earrings, and more! She’s also a Type 1 Diabetic and have some cute T1D products in her shop as well! Shop here.
7. Noodles and Doodles Co. – Prints, stickers, holiday cards, oh my! This cute shop offers an array of colorful designs that everyone will love. Annabel is also a T1D and has a bunch of fun designs for diabetics! Shop here.
I hope you enjoyed my 2020 gift guides! Let me know if these guides we’re helpful for all of your shopping needs. Have a safe and happy holiday season. ◡̈