In college, I had the opportunity to study abroad in London during the summer of my Junior year. After hanging out along South Bank and checking out a few restaurants in South Kensington, I began to take a liking to Pimm’s Cup, a refreshing summer beverage that consists of Pimm’s No. 1, and a mix of either lemonade or ginger beer with an array of garnishes to top it off. Pimm’s No. 1 is a gin-based liqueur that has a citrusy aftertaste to it, which I fell in love with almost instantly. (It could have also been the fact that I was only 20 when discovering this magnificent drink, and it now holds such a strong nostalgic presence in my heart that I could never possibly dislike it.) Another note, It is a gin-based drink, but as a non-gin lover (sorry I just can’t), it tastes nothing like gin.
Anyways, since Pimm’s Cup generally requires sugar or lemonade, I thought it would be fun to turn it into a low carb cocktail to enjoy by the pool this summer!
I do list San Pellegrino as one of the ingredients, which is NOT low carb. However, the amount I suggest in the drink would leave the total number of carbohydrates at around 8g. Keep in mind that if you have more than one beverage, this will add up. But 16g for two still beats 60g for two!
If you don’t have San Pellegrino, Crystal Light would also work!
- 2 oz of Pimm’s No. 1 (I picked up my bottle from Top Shelf Wine & Spirits)
- 1.5 oz of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz of San Pellegrino Limonata (or Crystal Light Lemonade)
- La Croix
- cucumbers, lemon slices, or basil for garnish
- Combine Pimm’s No. 1 and lemon juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into a highball glass or stemless wineglass with ice.
- Add San Pellegrino or Crystal Light, top with La Croix, and stir.
- Garnish with cucumbers, lemon slices, or basil (or all three) & enjoy!
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!