Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that espresso martini’s are all the rage. They are the perfect post-dinner drink to order, recipe to whip up for your girlfriends on the weekend, or display as one of your signature cocktails at your wedding. What could make this popular potion even better? Turning it into a low carb espresso martini cocktail. Here’s how it did it:
LOW CARB ESPRESSO MARTINI COCKTAIL
This recipe is a lot easier to put together than you might think, especially this low-carb version. The normal recipe calls for simple syrup, which we will be swapping out for stevia simple syrup (which you can easily make right at home).
- 2 oz of vodka
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 1/2 oz of stevia simple syrup
- 1/2 oz of coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua, which has about 8g of carbohydrates in 1/2 oz)
- 3 coffee beans (for garnish)
Tip: Prior to making this drink, pop your martini glasses into the freezer to chill.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into your chilled martini glass. Foam will start to form on the top layer of your cocktail.
- Garnish with three coffee beans & enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE STEVIA SIMPLE SYRUP
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of stevia and let it simmer at low heat until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool at room temperature before using, refrigerate the rest.
I hope you enjoy the diabetes-friendly twist on my low carb espresso martini cocktail! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month! On Instagram? Say hi over on my page: @arianafrayer