The unofficial start of summer is here and we are READY for everything it has to offer. Beach days, family BBQs, the smell of sunscreen, salty hair, and refreshing low-carb cocktails to enjoy all summer long. For this month’s low-carb cocktail, I created an easy-to-make summer staple — the low-carb strawberry lemonade mojito.
Although mojitos are traditionally made with white rum, I decided to switch it up and use citrus-flavored vodka. What makes this drink so versatile is its ability to still taste delicious no matter what type of liquor you prefer. Rum, gin, and vodka would work best in this cocktail, especially anything citrus or lemon flavored.
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE MOJITO
- 2 oz. of citrus vodka (or white rum or gin)
- a handful of strawberries
- a handful of mint
- 2 lemons
- stevia simple syrup, to taste
- lemon sparkling water
HOW TO MAKE STEVIA SIMPLE SYRUP
- Bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of stevia and let it simmer at low heat for about 5-10 minutes until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool at room temperature before using, refrigerate the rest.
Lazy option: Drop a few drops of Trader Joe’s Liquid Stevia into your glass.
- Cut up the strawberries and mint, and muddle together.
- Combine muddled strawberries, mint, vodka, the juice of one lemon, and the stevia simple syrup in a cocktail shaker over ice + shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice and add lemon sparkling water.
- Garnish with strawberries, mint, lemon slice, and enjoy!
And that’s how to make a Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade Mojito! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!