Cool down during these hot summer days with a refreshing Low Carb Spicy Paloma. This remixed recipe on a refreshing classic is easy to make and guaranteed to please everyone at the party. You can easily customize your cocktail based on spiciness or sweetness, allowing you to enjoy it just the way you like it!
Okay, I am going to be real with you for a minute. Drinking regular Palomas made with grapefruit juice always stresses me out. I don’t like the unknown of how much grapefruit juice was added and I personally prefer the taste of fresh grapefruit juice to store-bought juice! This recipe allows me to enjoy a fresh, lower carb option without sacrificing taste (or insulin for that matter).
In another effort to cut down on carbohydrates, I decided to make my Low Carb Spicy Paloma with grapefruit and hibiscus infused tequila from the wonderful and women-owned brand, 21 Seeds. I grabbed a bottle of this from Top Shelf Wine & Spirits in Las Vegas, my favorite local liquor store in town. Seriously if any Las Vegas locals check them out, please let them know I sent you!
LOW CARB SPICY PALOMA
- 2 oz. of 21 Seeds Grapefruit and Hibiscus infused Tequila from Top Shelf Wine & Spirits
- 1/2 cup of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 oz of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- a few slices of jalapeno
- grapefruit-flavored sparkling water (I used topo chico)
- Tajin seasoning
- Slice jalapenos and muddle into a cocktail shaker.
- Run a slice of lime around the rim of a glass and twist the rim into a plate of Tajin seasoning.
- Combine muddled jalapeno, tequila, lime juice, and fresh grapefruit juice into the cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into your glass over ice and top with grapefruit sparkling water.
- Garnish with a jalapeno slice and a lime. Enjoy!
And that’s how to make a Low Carb Spicy Paloma! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!