There’s honestly nothing better than a homemade grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of tomato soup on a cold day. Was this anyone else’s childhood staple? It was always a must-have after playing in the snow.
I’ve mastered the art of creating the perfect grilled cheese sandwich with the help of Angelic Bakehouse’s sprouted whole grain bread. Their slices have more fiber and less carbohydrates than your average loaf which allows me to enjoy my meal with a little less insulin (which is always a win in my book).
- 2 slices of Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 2-3 of your favorite cheese slices (I went with pepper jack)
- Butter (or ghee)
- Start by placing a frying pan over medium heat
- Butter both sides of your Angelic Bakehouse bread slices
- Place one piece of bread in the center of your pan and add your cheese slices on top
- Let that cook for about 4-5 minutes until you see your cheese begin to melt
- Add the second slice on top and flip the sandwich over so that the newly added slice is now on the bottom, touching the pan
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until both piece of bread are toasted (not burnt!) and cheese has melted
- Remove from heat and serve right away! (with a warm tomato soup, preferably 😋)
There’s no denying that a classic grilled cheese sandwich can solve just about all of your problems. I recommend enjoying one on a cold day with a great view. Thanks for reading!
This is a sponsored post by Angelic Bakehouse. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my person view. Find their sprouted 7-whole grain bread here.