Okay, so long story short I made an omelet this morning and it was the best omelet I’ve ever made so I just had to share it with you! I filled it with things like mushrooms, peppers, onions, spinach, grilled chicken, etc and finally figured out how to fold an omelet without losing the shape! So gather round and let me share my omelet wisdom that I just learned this morning.
Here’s what I used:
- eggs (I used 2 for mine, and 3 for adam’s)
- 2 tbsp butter (you could also sub avocado oil)
- red bell pepper
- grilled chicken
- Havarti with dill
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. While your butter melts, chop about a 1/2 – 3/4 cup of veggies/fillings (combined). Add your veggies to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes. I started by adding the onions, mushrooms, and peppers first, then added the spinach and grilled chicken a few minutes later.
- While your veggies cook, slice your cheese into squares and set aside.
- In a second small-medium saucepan, melt the rest of your butter. As your butter is melting, crack your eggs into a small bowl and whisk together. Add the eggs to the saucepan and cook on low/medium for about 8-10 mins.
- As the eggs cook, start carefully lifting up the edges of the omelet with a spatula to allow the uncooked egg on top to slide below the omelet. I started doing this about 1-2 minutes after I added the eggs to the pan.
- Once the top of the omelet is no longer transparent, add your squares of cheese to one side of the omelet and let cook for the remaining few minutes.
- Add your veggies/fillings to one side of your omelet, and fold over!
- Top with avocado and cracked pepper & enjoy!