The new year is here and after a month of working hard, it’s time for another monthly low carb cocktail. This January, I created one of the tastiest cocktails to date: The Jalapeño Ginger Mule! After numerous requests, I am so happy to finally feature a mule as my monthly cocktail. A fun twist on the classic Moscow Mule, this vodka-based beverage is easy to make and completely customizable (especially with your preferred level of spicy!).
I picked up a bottle of 10 Torr Habanero & Jalapeño Vodka (distilled in Reno, NV!) from my local Top Shelf Wine & Spirits and the rest of the ingredients, including the zero sugar ginger beer at Trader Joe’s. Although 10 Torr offers a distinct Habanero & Jalapeno flavor, the vodka itself wasn’t spicy or overwhelming. If you’re looking for an extremely spicy beverage, add more muddled Jalapeño to your shaker.
JALAPEÑO GINGER MULE
- 2 oz of 10 Torr Habanero & Jalapeño Vodka from Top Shelf Wine & Spirits
- 1/2 oz of lime juice
- 5 oz of zero sugar ginger beer
- 1 tsp of sliced ginger root
- A few sprigs of cilantro
- A few slices of jalapeño
- Chile Lime Seasoning
- Take a slice of lime and line the top of a copper mug with lime juice. Circle the rim of the mug around a plate of chile-lime seasoning.
- Combine vodka, lime juice, cilantro, ginger root, and jalapeño in a cocktail shaker with ice + shake it up.
- Strain into your copper mug over ice.
- Add the ginger beer, stir, and garnish with cilantro, jalapeño, and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail, discover all of my monthly low carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!