It’s officially fall, which means it’s finally time to whip up a festive low-carb cocktail to enjoy this season. Since the weather hasn’t completely cooled down, I thought it would be fun to make a classic fall flavor a little more refreshing. What better way to mix your seasons than with a low-carb apple cider mule!?
Since apple cider is a notoriously higher carb beverage, I had to get a little scientific (okay, not really, I just didn’t add THAT much into my cocktail). This recipe will still have a few carbohydrates, but nothing compared to what a normal recipe with apple cider would call for.
I’m gonna be honest with you, this recipe is very simple. If you want to get even more crafty with it and make your own apple cider, I would use this recipe for the cider and just swap the brown sugar for your preferred brown sugar substitute (like this one), and make sure it cools fully before adding to your cocktail. But if you are like me, we are buying premade apple cider and using it sparingly.
LOW CARB Cinnamon APPLE CIDER MULE
Makes 1 serving
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. apple cider
- 4 oz. zero sugar ginger beer (I used Reeds)
- handful of ice
- apple slices, cinnamon stick, and a sprig of rosemary to garnish
- Add the vodka and apple cider to a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Pour into a copper mug with ice and top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with an apple slice, cinnamon stick, and sprig of rosemary.
- Enjoy & don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you try it!
I hope you enjoy the festive fall flavors! Find more autumnal low-carb cocktails here. Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month!