Welcome to the month of luv!!! 💖
Since Valentine’s Day is next week, I wanted to create a love-y dove-y cocktail that is fun to make with your special someone or best pals on February 14th (or 13th, ya know, Galentine’s day).
INTRODUCING: Low Carb Raspberry Love Potion ~
A dash of raspberries and a splash of prosecco mix perfectly to form a cute cocktail that’s festive, fun, and makes the holiday feel a little extra special 💕(with fewer carbohydrates of course).
~ makes 2 cocktails ~
- 1/3 cup of raspberries (~5g of carbohydrates) plus a few more for garnish
- 1/3 water
- 1/4 Truvia sugar (0g of carbohydrates) or monk fruit sweetener but refer to the nutrition facts for carbohydrates
- chilled prosecco or champagne
- sprigs of thyme
- Throw the raspberries, water, and Truvia in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain raspberries and let the syrup cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of syrup to each glass and top with champagne or prosecco.
- Garnish with a few raspberries and a sprig of thyme. (cute!)
Although this cocktail requires a little stovetop fun, the sweet and bubbly result makes it all worth it. Treat yourself to something a little extra special this valentine’s day when you indulge in a #CupofOjCocktail! Be sure to tag me in all of your low carb creations.
Happy Valentine’s Day! 💖- Ariana