The holidays are almost here and everyone is frantically gathering goodies and gifts for the ones they love.
If you have a type 1 diabetic on your list, or just like supporting brands that donate to diabetes research then this gift guide is the one for you.
On this list, you’ll find a range of items that are must-haves for type 1’s including things like reusable water bottles for high blood sugars to small bags for carrying our low snacks or diabetes supplies. I’ve included some of my favorite items made by type 1s and also a few gifts that aren’t just for diabetics but will make you feel good about supporting companies that donate to diabetes research.
These are just a few of the incredible brands I’ve come across as a type one and I hope it’s a list of things for you to enjoy as well! (and buy some things for yourself honestly happy holidays 2 u)
Below are the item details and links to shop:
1. d.stil Pinch & Carry Water Bottle 28oz: high blood sugars happen, stay hydrated with this cute reusable water bottle.
2. Senita Athletics High Rise Pants: The brother of Senita Athletics’ founder has type one diabetes which inspired them to add pockets to each of their workout pants and sports bras to make carrying medical devices easier while exercising.
3. Diabetes Makes Me Moody Tote Bag: The founder of I Have the Sugars, Libby, is a Type 1 diabetic and her designs are always very cute and artsy.
4. Kado Sketch Print Water Bottle 500ml: Stay hydrated with another cute reusable water bottle option.
5. Diabetic Cactus Insulin Pin: Super cute pin to add to a tote bag, jacket, or baseball cap. Sarah Johnson, the creator of this pin is also a Type 1 Diabetic!
6. Mt. Greenwood Oil Co. Scar Stick: This rollerball is great for slow-healing diabetic wounds and a perfect skin soother for all the pokes diabetes throws our way. The owner of Mt. Green Oil Co is also a Type 1 Diabetic. Use code CUPOFOJ for 10% off!
7. BunnyDee Type 1 Club Shirt: Her entire collection of type 1 diabetes related goodies are so cute, and she offers so many fun designs to choose from. Lots of cat art too for you cat lovers out there.
8. Delaney Blue Sauvignon Blanc: Who doesn’t like wine that supports type 1 diabetes research?
9. Pip Lancets: These are painless, portable lancets that make it easier to use a new needle every time you test your blood sugar. They also come with a convenient carrying case for on-the-go use.
10. BunnyDee Shots & Double Shots Mug: Honestly I’m a big fan of subtle diabetes-related merch and this design is just too good to pass up. Perfect for your morning coffee with some sugar-free holiday syrups.
11. Diabetic Health Journal: Lauren Bongiorno created the Diabetic Health Journal to help diabetics hold themselves more accountable for their health and A1C. Her new version offers daily blood sugar and nutrition logs, gratitude jotting, and a space to log patterns and other daily habits.
12. Pretty Simple Cure Mittens: With every purchase of Pretty Simple Cure mittens, the company will donate to one of the following T1D organizations: JDRF, Can Do Canines (Assistance Dogs), Beyond Type 1, or T1International. These are perfect for a snow day or a trip to the mountains! I have the grey ones and they are super cozy.
13. Casualty Girl Condition Carry-Alls: These little bags are perfect for supplies, snacks, insulin and more. There are a bunch of designs to choose from and she also offers pouches in conditions other than diabetes — including asthma, allergy, medical, migraine, and more!
14. Wren Collective Quilts: The owner of this shop is a type one and makes beautiful modern quilts. She currently has a few quilts up on her shop and also offers free PDF designs and tutorials. Look out for flash sales & exclusive sale codes on her Instagram page.
I hope this list helps with your holiday shopping or self splurging! Happy Holidays!