Wherever you find yourself on the 4th of July this year, whip up a refreshing low carb cocktail (or mocktail) and enjoy the day! I’ll be sipping on my brand new Low Carb Strawberry Coconut Mule — the perfect addition to your upcoming summer menu. This cocktail can be easily swapped into a mocktail and is sure to be a favorite no matter the crowd!
NOTE: Moscow mules are known for being made in copper mugs, which keeps the drink cool while enhancing the flavor of the vodka. I made these in rocks glasses for aesthetic purposes only (lol) but would recommend making them in copper mugs for optimal flavor.
LOW CARB STRAWBERRY COCONUT MULE
- a handful of strawberries
- 2 oz vodka, I used Vegas Baby Vodka, a women’s owned vodka brand from my hometown!
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz coconut water
- no sugar ginger beer
- lime slice, blueberries, blackberry and strawberry for garnish
- Muddle a handful of strawberries in a cocktail shaker
- Add ice, vodka, lime juice, and coconut water to the shaker and shake vigorously
- Strain mixture into a copper mug or rocks glass over ice
- Top with no sugar ginger beer (I use Reeds)
- Garnish with lime, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries on a cocktail pick
I hope you enjoy my Low Carb Strawberry Coconut Mule! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month! On Instagram? Say hi over on my page: @arianafrayer