There’s just something about an ice-cold margarita that tastes so refreshing in the summertime. Now make it easier on my blood sugars by slashing the carbohydrates and making it taste even better! Whether I’m ordering a low-carb cocktail at the bar or making my own from the comfort of my home, a margarita is my go-to. With a few simple ingredients that you may already have at home, you can impress your friends and enjoy yourself — without the blood sugar spike, of course.
Low Carb Spicy Blood Orange Ginger Margarita
Makes 1 serving
- 2 oz of tequila (I used an orange-infused tequila from 21 seeds)
- 1 oz of blood orange juice
- zero sugar ginger beer
- agave nectar
- 1 dehydrated citrus slice for garnish
- Place your glass in the freezer for a few minutes while prepping the rest of your ingredients
- Dice half a jalapeño and muddle into a cocktail shaker
- Take your glass out of the freezer and rim with agave before dipping the side of the glass into a plate of tajin. The agave will start to drip down the side of the glass. Continue dipping the sides of the glass into the tajin to coat the drips!
- Add ice, tequila, and blood orange juice to the cocktail shaker with muddled jalapeño and shake
- Pour over ice, top with ginger beer and garnish with a dehydrated citrus slice
I hope you enjoy my Low Carb Spicy Blood Orange Ginger Margarita! Be sure to tag me in your photos with the hashtag #CupofOjCocktail. Discover all of my monthly low-carb cocktail recipes, and stay tuned for a brand new recipe next month! On Instagram? Say hi over on my page: @arianafrayer